The Mongolians

Exercise, Subway, Roommates, Neighbors, and Politics (not really politics)

Contest Results

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
$117.15

My guess was $60. We were all way off.

Everyone except the winner. The winner is Vanessa from Canada. It turns out there was another Canadian dime and penny in the mix. I'll tape them to the postcard so you can find something to do with them. The bank people were mad I tried to get cash for them. There was also a bent penny in there so the total was really $117.16. Either way you still win.

The girl at the counter at my bank said there was a 1% charge to have the machine count it for me. When she came to the counter to tell me the total she said, "Ok, so after a 17 cent charge... oh wait I mean 11 cents, sorry." That was what she charged me. My money is in good hands.

Thanks to all 4 of you who humored me with a guess.

posted by Ghengis @ 11:15 PM,

7 Conflict(s):

At May 5, 2005 at 12:41 AM, Blogger mAtt has news of...

I was trying to replicate your stack with coins from my own. the problem was that I didn't know if the random scattering of coins on top was covering up a very non-random pile of quarters, or, say, a stack of bent canadian pennies. as a scientist I'm obligated to explore all possibilities.

my guess would have been 101, had I made the effort to post. your italics in the last sentence make me feel guilty.

 
At May 5, 2005 at 10:05 AM, Blogger Ghengis has news of...

That's why I took a picture at an angle so you could get all of the heights right.

I thought someone might be doing some kind of scatter plot probability computer rendering thing and come out with the exact right answer and that would be cheating. Ill-gotten gains.

 
At May 5, 2005 at 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous has news of...

The 334 dollar guess was from me--to start the bidding, and to ridiculously get your hopes up.

plus whenever i try to guess the amount of things (usually edibles clumped in a jar), i am always embarrassingly low. soon i will be *just right*!

 
At May 5, 2005 at 10:35 PM, Blogger Louise Allana has news of...

My brain hurt when I tried to guess, so I went away without posting.

You made my brain hurt. I hate the invitability of being wrong.

 
At May 6, 2005 at 12:12 AM, Blogger My Life In Indiana has news of...

Wait for me! I have an excuse too!
Umm I didn't vote because that way I could avoid losing.

I hope your injuries are still healing well.

P.S. I'm having a moving-in kegger at my house this weekend since yours is taking too long :)

Everyone on the Internet is invited because none of you actually exist. And that way I don't have to worry about you guys making a huge mess, plus there's more beer for me!

 
At May 6, 2005 at 1:17 AM, Blogger Ghengis has news of...

Well I didn't want to make everyone feel guilty because my shameless attempt at a comment grab didn't work. Even though you are guity

Everyone deserves a postcard, but if lelia can attest to how long it takes me to get to the real post office, then it... then it's a long time. Plus, there's nothing special about a postcard, even from me.

Lisa, my move-in kegger can be a month when I actually move-in to the house. If I accidentally take 2 pain pills this weekend (like I did last night) I will probably think I'm actually at your party. I hope I don't accidentally take any clothes off.

 
At May 6, 2005 at 1:18 AM, Blogger Ghengis has news of...

guity.... Time for bed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Admit defeat


Web This Blog

About me

    I'm Ghengis From Mongolia I like climbing, hopping across rocks in running water, and becoming an old man who is worried about the lawn. I hope today is friday.
    My profile

Friendly Tribes


Resources


Recent Writings

Ancient Archives

Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates