The Mongolians

Exercise, Subway, Roommates, Neighbors, and Politics (not really politics)

You don't need a gun to go house hunting

In case you haven't heard, last week I made the snap decision to buy a house. The preceding sentence is misleading because I have neither decided on which house nor have I actually spent any money. I have narrowed down the field to what I want in a home. I've talked to a realtor and we have determined that I need something between

this:

Elmo's Anarchy Headquarters. Down with the government.

and this:

I haven't decided if tours should be guided or not.

So far I've received a lot of encouragement and support for my decision to grow up and buy. It's an investment. Interest rates are low. You'll be building equity. You won't be paying rent to someone you don't know. You get more land. It's actually cheaper. Tax advantages. "Would you like to come back to my house?" sounds better than "Hey I live in a dirty apartment". The advantages are endless.

I've only had one person try to regale me with a list of negatives. If I move into a house I'm not going to have a maintenance person do things for me like fixing the toilet or mowing the lawn. Staring incredulously, I proceeded cut all of my hair off into the shower drain only so I could clean it out on my own. I usually fix things around here on my own anyway. Why would I want to go cry to someone every time something breaks? This negative point goes into the positive pile.

I've put my roommates in a bad position because they only have just over a week to decide if they're going to stay or go. I've pretty much been convinced that I'd be retarded to pay rent anymore. I'm trying to help them feel better about my leaving by throwing parties every weekend. We had about 20 people here last night, fried 100 wings, and trashed the place until 4AM. If my roommate doesn't want me to leave I'm sure the neighbors will try to make it happen.

I might have screwed up by making the kitchen immaculate today though. I can't even scare people away right.

I'm going to be gone all this week however so the house hunt is going on pause. I hope when I come back there is more than this available on the market.


Not in the range I am looking for.

posted by Ghengis @ 12:22 AM,

2 Conflict(s):

At March 24, 2005 at 9:46 PM, Blogger My Life In Indiana has news of...

For some reason I immediately thought of this.

The best part?

The "composting toilet system produces nutrient-rich water for gardening."

 
At April 10, 2005 at 5:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous has news of...

Dear Sir,

I request you to kindly send information on genetic diseases of different human races like Mongolians, (brown or yellow skilled people), negrodious (black skilled people) caeasious ( white skilled people), austrilicious and indians and any other races for comparative study in different tribal purpose.

Thank you for your kind information.

jitendra
my mail id is :-jitendra_kumarp@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Admit defeat


Web This Blog

About me

    I'm Ghengis From Mongolia I like climbing, hopping across rocks in running water, and becoming an old man who is worried about the lawn. I hope today is friday.
    My profile

Friendly Tribes


Resources


Recent Writings

Ancient Archives

Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates