The Mongolians

Exercise, Subway, Roommates, Neighbors, and Politics (not really politics)

I Love my Job

In grade school we had a monkey bar-less blacktop "playground". The only games to play were blacktop kickball, blacktop 2 hand touch football, or be a girl and stand around on the blacktop doing nothing. There was also one guy in our class who spent the whole time practicing wrestling moves by himself in the corner of the playground, but this isn't about him.

The whole playground was only ever unified when a helicopter was landing on the hospital roof next door. Everyone would stand there amazed at the flying beast and some of us would wave like maniacs hoping that someone from inside would be able to see and know that we were aware of the fact that a helicopter was nearby.

Image hosting by Photobucket
I saw you, kid. I saw you.

That's not my grade school and I wasn't going to the hospital.

Also, I can fly higher than an eagle.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Screw you Bette Midler.

posted by Ghengis @ 10:07 PM,

1 Conflict(s):

At February 18, 2006 at 11:01 PM, Blogger My Life In Indiana has news of...

Ha. Thanks for the advice. No one seems to have a good opinion of South Bend...my boss said it's a city that "refuses to realize it should be a college town, which creates an awkward existance between the college and the city"

And did you really go to a school without a playground? We had a jungle gym, monkey bars, swings and some sort of wooden structure, but at recess we often played in the adjoining wooded area, which in retrospect probably would have been considered extremely unsafe if I had grown up anywhere else:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Admit defeat


Web This Blog

About me

    I'm Ghengis From Mongolia I like climbing, hopping across rocks in running water, and becoming an old man who is worried about the lawn. I hope today is friday.
    My profile

Friendly Tribes


Resources


Recent Writings

Ancient Archives

Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates