The Mongolians

Exercise, Subway, Roommates, Neighbors, and Politics (not really politics)

Free Engine Inside

I've been looking for a new car. The Grand Am still runs, but she's getting tired and she still cries all of the time. After the next big breakdown she's getting kicked to the curb and I'm changing the locks. Why can't you ever think of my needs?

Of course, I've started my search online putting in parameters of what I'm looking for and hoping to find a few surprises. Some of the dealers are very effective at giving straight forward descriptions of the vehicle's features.
Vehicle includes: Power Steering, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Power Driver's Seat, AM/FM Stereo Radio, Compact Disc Player, Trip Odometer, Tachometer, Air Conditioning, Tilt Steering Wheel, and Cruise Control.
This lets me know exactly what I'm getting into before I drive to the dealership for a test drive. It leaves a few questions to be asked, but it's basic and easy to read.

However, many of the car dealers post something like this:
Vehicle includes: Power Steering, Power windows, Powered battery, door handles, SEE-THRU WINDOWS, foot pedals, steering wheel, radio for music, screws, bolts (no nails sorry!), seat cushions, a trunk, HEATER FOR WINTER!!!@!, comes with paint ALREADY ON THE CAR! and *OIL CHANGES FOR LIFE* - CALL LARRY AND ASK ABOUT THIS BEAUT!
*Owner must pay for oil changes
These are all written by "my dad owned an auto dealership so I didn't have to go to college". However, the more-is-better philosophy must have been ingrained early in childhood.

"Teacher, why did I get an F on this book essay? I copy and pasted the entire book and put it in Appendix A. Did you even read my report? I wrote something about my dogs at the end of Appendix T. How can 15024 pages deserve and F for all the work it took?"


Does anyone have/have personal experience with a Mazda6?

posted by Ghengis @ 10:59 PM,

2 Conflict(s):

At February 1, 2006 at 1:43 AM, Blogger My Life In Indiana has news of...

get a truck!

 
At February 2, 2006 at 11:07 PM, Blogger Ghengis has news of...

I thought about it but I drive a truck all day sometimes. When I get home from work I want to take off my boots and put on tennis shoes, so to speak.

 

Post a Comment

<< Admit defeat


Web This Blog

About me

    I'm Ghengis From Mongolia I like climbing, hopping across rocks in running water, and becoming an old man who is worried about the lawn. I hope today is friday.
    My profile

Friendly Tribes


Resources


Recent Writings

Ancient Archives

Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates