The Mongolians

Exercise, Subway, Roommates, Neighbors, and Politics (not really politics)

'The Second Coming is in 272 days and counting'

Today I caught the UPS man delivering a package.

Me: Thanks!
UPS: Man, you get a lot of stuff!
Me: There's more coming!
UPS: Great...

I have done almost all of my Christmas shopping on the Internet. Black Monday is everyday at the Mongolians' house.

Those of you who know me know how much I love to use all of the latest Internet buzz words. Black Monday is my new favorite Internet buzz word pushing BLOG and WTF out of circulation.

I bought my wireless router online. I had never used wireless before. When I fired up my wireless card I was surprised to see how many other wireless networks there are in my neighborhood. I can pick up between 7 and 14 network from my house making me wonder why I ever decided to buy the internet from the cable company in the first place, when all of my neighbors are just handing it out for free.

My neighbors' network SSIDs are the best. They use names like 'computer', 'linksys', and 'The Smith's Computer Network at 1342 Dan's street without data encryption'.

I named my network 'homeless man'. I am passively promoting neighborhood safety by keeping the neighbors on their toes so they have to randomly peer out of their windows at night to find that tech-savvy vagrant camping in the utility easement.

If you ever need to anonymously pass a note to your neighbors you can simply change your network name. When it starts getting warm outside again I'm going to change the name to 'keep your fucking kids on a leash this year'.

posted by Ghengis @ 11:01 PM,

0 Conflict(s):

Post a Comment

<< Admit defeat


Web This Blog

About me

    I'm Ghengis From Mongolia I like climbing, hopping across rocks in running water, and becoming an old man who is worried about the lawn. I hope today is friday.
    My profile

Friendly Tribes


Resources


Recent Writings

Ancient Archives

Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates