The Mongolians

Exercise, Subway, Roommates, Neighbors, and Politics (not really politics)

Free Daily Song

When people ask me what kind of music I like I usually tell them that I like new music. That usually leads to someone offering me a sharp slug to the shoulder and telling me that that doesn't mean anything! I get tired of stuff pretty quickly and am a crack addict for looking for things I haven't heard or seen yet. I have even had the neighbors fire their shotgun in the air to scare me away while I was looking through their garbage to see if they had thrown any CDs away.

They won't be able to do that anymore when our neighborhood gets annexed by the city next year. They won't be able to dump motor oil into the utility easement anymore either, but who's watching anyway?

Now there is a site that actually writes a new song every day. (Well they've been around for a while, but they haven't had songs until the last few months.) Every night the band at Woot.com works feverishly under heated lamps and a haze of nervous cigarette smoke to make their deadline to post the new song of the day at exactly 12AM Central time.

They always find something new to sing about and usually post a picture of what they are signing about so you can follow along.

Their major hit by far is this one Image hosted by Photobucket.com which is about a television set. Sometimes at the gym, when I'm watching girls run on the treadmill, I wonder if they may be listening to it. When I think they are listening to something like this Image hosted by Photobucket.com, I give a short nod and a wink to let her know that I know that she knows that I know.



Oh yeah. I almost forgot that when they get done dancing and singing around the item of the day, they put it up for sale. I wish more bands sold the things that they sang about... but there is a very low finite number of country singer's dogs and Celine Dion's Titanics that can be sold, so maybe it wouldn't be that great of a business model.

posted by Ghengis @ 10:04 AM,

0 Conflict(s):

Post a Comment

<< Admit defeat


Web This Blog

About me

    I'm Ghengis From Mongolia I like climbing, hopping across rocks in running water, and becoming an old man who is worried about the lawn. I hope today is friday.
    My profile

Friendly Tribes


Resources


Recent Writings

Ancient Archives

Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates