The Mongolians

Exercise, Subway, Roommates, Neighbors, and Politics (not really politics)

"Life begins when you adopt a Greyhound"

The ice cream place near my old apartment hosts "Dog Night". People from all over the area come to dog night to show off their mutts and get a free scoop of ice cream with dog biscuits in it. Based on the imbalance of the owner-to-dog weight ratio, I think some people went there to just get free ice cream, dog treats or not. You don't have to have a dog to get the free ice cream. These people can rationalize eating the extra ice cream because dog bones will help keep your breath smelling good and give you a really shiny coat.

One gentleman learned how to make his dog talk and ask for ice cream!
"What do you say girl?"
"BARK! BARK!"
"Do you want the nice girl to give you ice cream?"
"BARK BARK!"
"What do you say?"
"BARK! BARK!"
"Can you say ice cream?"
"BARK! BARK!"
"You heard her! She wants ice cream!"

A few women were sitting at a table holding collars and chains that were attached to various greyhounds. Other dog people were going up to the greyhound table and talking to the women. The women would present various parts of the dog to the curious people. Then a man would sign a piece of paper, palm some cash, and take the dog away.

This is how you buy heroine, not adopt rescued animals. I don't think anyone signs for heroine anymore though. Have we come this far?


You can't have none of this.

I was going to buy a dog to put in this house but now I'm not sure. I barely have time to take care other things let alone take care of a self-moving, peeing mammal. It took months to finally get this done:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Is this enough plants, Lisa?

All of the neighborhood husbands are sulking. I kind of feel bad.

posted by Ghengis @ 12:09 AM,

1 Conflict(s):

At September 14, 2005 at 8:06 AM, Blogger My Life In Indiana has news of...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Admit defeat


Web This Blog

About me

    I'm Ghengis From Mongolia I like climbing, hopping across rocks in running water, and becoming an old man who is worried about the lawn. I hope today is friday.
    My profile

Friendly Tribes


Resources


Recent Writings

Ancient Archives

Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates