The Mongolians

Exercise, Subway, Roommates, Neighbors, and Politics (not really politics)

Sub Club Initiation

There are very few Subways that still offer the buffalo chicken sub. Today's goal was to stop at one of those locations and take advantage of such a rare opportunity. My sandwich was toasted and ready to be paid for when I noticed that a situation was rising between the manager and the only other customer in the store. I tuned in when I saw the manager waving two Sub Club cards in either hand.

"What you mean I gotta buy two drinks!?" The customer said, getting upset.

"I'm sorry sir but you have to buy a drink with each card you use." said the manager.

"Well they let me do it before at other places. I only have to buy one drink!"

"Sir I'm not trying to argue with you," said the manager getting frazzled, "but that's the way it works. I've been with Subway for eight years and -"

"Well I tell you what!" He said picking up his motorcycle helmet, "You can keep yer fuckin' salad and sandwich." With that he moved to walk out. Before reaching the door he stopped, "Oh and I'll take my coupons back." He turned back to retrieve his nearly expired cards.

This is when I boldly stepped forward like a medieval knight swearing to rescue the princess. I had an unheard of proposition. "I will buy your second drink."

What was this? Customers talking to one another, making a side deal within the sight of the manager? This is the first time this has ever happened.

The motorcycle man's eyes lit up with hope. Free food was back on the table, baby! But could he return to paying for food after being such a jackass? The dilemma was apparent in his eyes. It would probably be best to tread lightly yet offensively.

"Who do you think you are son? They jis gonna screw you like they did me." He said condescendingly.

Here. Here's two dollars. You can even keep the change." Now there was free food back on the table and there was some arbitrary amount of change that would be too hard to figure out in his head. The pot just got a lot sweeter.

He accepted my offer and everything was right in the world. He cited reasons that he only had one drink holder on his motorcycle so he didn't know what he would do with another cup. It's not like he was getting a deal anyway...

I offered an idea on what you can do with two cups. I took some wire out of my truck and we poked it into the bottom of each other's cups. Then we stood 100 feet apart and talked through the paper cup phone in the parking lot. It was kind of hard to hear with all of the traffic, but we talked about girls, the economy, and cars for hours on end. All in all it was a pretty good day and now I have a new friend.

posted by Ghengis @ 9:56 PM,

2 Conflict(s):

At July 14, 2005 at 9:06 AM, Blogger My Life In Indiana has news of...

Haha. I did the exact same thing for someone who was totally outraged about having to buy a drink with his sub club card thing.

I felt bad for the Subway employee he was yelling at.

It's Subway...What are these people thinking???

 
At July 14, 2005 at 7:17 PM, Blogger LadyVader has news of...

"The pot just got a lot sweeter."

The money pot or the green kind? 'Cause with this guy, it could go either way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Admit defeat


Web This Blog

About me

    I'm Ghengis From Mongolia I like climbing, hopping across rocks in running water, and becoming an old man who is worried about the lawn. I hope today is friday.
    My profile

Friendly Tribes


Resources


Recent Writings

Ancient Archives

Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates