The Mongolians

Exercise, Subway, Roommates, Neighbors, and Politics (not really politics)

Tear and Rebuild

After the weekend I need to exercise a lot. I never knew you could get a hangover from food, but if Burger King is involved, any malady is possible. The Double Wopper is the equivalent of 3 pitchers of dark beer and each fry is a shot of tequila. The meal is designed to leave the uninitiated hanging their head over porcelain but somehow I survived.

...Plus, tons of tailgate food.

I was on one of those running machines at the gym today. I had positioned myself next to one of the more attractive females there, readying in my head the conversation that was never going to happen. She caught me looking when she had finished her exercise and was seductively wiping down the machine. I put my hands on the metal sensors and the display showed my heart rate had increased by 10.

Later she went to one of the climbing machines that was clearly in my view, obviously trying to be a tease. When she was done with that she caught me again! She grabbed the spray bottle to hose down her second machine while I was still running away on my first. She passed in front of me and accidentally kicked the power cord to my machine. The display went blank and my calories and distance were erased, virtually nullifying my exercise. I could feel the worked off Burger King weight piling back on and my heart rate dropped to a cold, sludgy zero.

Was this an honest accident or a creative new form of rejection? Perhaps it was a sign that she was leaving and wanted me to leave with her. How about a hint that doesn't involve turning off the electricity next time? Regardless, I knew that she was no good since she couldn't commit to one machine and only spent fleeting time with each. Maybe we would have had a nice fling on the elliptical machine, but one day I would come home and I find her cheating on me with the ab machine and a bar bell. It would never last.


posted by Ghengis @ 8:54 PM,

5 Conflict(s):

At September 15, 2004 at 5:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous has news of...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At September 18, 2004 at 1:23 PM, Blogger topavia has news of...

hey dan,
i'm alive.
jenn

 
At September 20, 2004 at 7:19 AM, Blogger Ghengis has news of...

Good. Everytime I see the news I hope that you're alive. I hope your stuff is still alive too.

 
At September 20, 2004 at 8:24 AM, Blogger topavia has news of...

My little family continues on it's charmed life with all it's belongings. The pictures on CNN were ugly, but not nearly as ugly as the in-person drive by.

Things are recovering from disarray, I know this because two young girls on their mission for LDS knocked on the door yesterday and we didn't invite them in.

Hey, thanks for the book! On my birthday, did you know I would be locked in my house for almost three straight days??? Is that why you sent the book? Of course it is...you know everything...still!

Jenn

 
At September 21, 2004 at 11:43 PM, Blogger Ghengis has news of...

Liberal media strikes again and makes everyone worry about Jenn's house being destroyed.

At first I thought you mistyped LSD and there were some girls in your neighborhood on a door-to-door drug hunt after their stash got swept away in the storm. Good not to invite them in either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Admit defeat


Web This Blog

About me

    I'm Ghengis From Mongolia I like climbing, hopping across rocks in running water, and becoming an old man who is worried about the lawn. I hope today is friday.
    My profile

Friendly Tribes


Resources


Recent Writings

Ancient Archives

Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates