The Mongolians

Exercise, Subway, Roommates, Neighbors, and Politics (not really politics)

Time for the Chore List

Every time I have moved in with new roommates I've always had to adjust to the differing idiosyncrasies accompanying each person. They always drag a part of home with them as they drag in their beds and kitchen supplies. It is interesting to notice how different some people are raised in the ways that they do things that you had never thought of. Sometimes it is very educational and you can learn a lot from your roommates. Here are some things I have learned from roommates, present and past:






If it were not for roommate I would never have learned these valuable life skill lessons. High schools should not have home economics courses. They should just make high school kids live together and if they can get through it without killing eachother they get an A or a gold star or Burger Kings coupons or whatever politically correct markings they give out now

posted by Ghengis @ 11:46 PM,

5 Conflict(s):

At August 3, 2004 at 12:43 AM, Blogger Envoy-ette has news of...

Those roommates prepare you for married life! Good luck, sounds like you may need it! LOL

 
At August 3, 2004 at 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous has news of...

haha.
My silverware sits in a plastic meijer bag in the drawer, I only eat on the small plates--never the big ones--and the milk in my fridge (that I used for my chai tea this morning) expired two days ago.
And I own one rusty, dented spoon.
Have a wonderful day,

-tmtt

 
At August 3, 2004 at 4:14 PM, Blogger Ghengis has news of...

I don't know if I was misleading or not - I am a big advocate of not using silverware dividers. I even go to the anti-silverware-divider meetings. It's not like if you don't have a divider that you'll accidentally pick up two butter knives and try to eat soup with them just because you couldn't tell they were not spoons because they were not divided.

The milk I could care less about.

I would not marry anyone like my roommates... because they are guys... and I can hit them.

 
At August 3, 2004 at 7:54 PM, Blogger Louise Allana has news of...

Oh dear Dan. I am afraid I can no longer harbour a secret wish to marry you. Not now that you have revealed your anti-silverware-divider status. You were doing really good till then.

 
At August 4, 2004 at 10:45 PM, Blogger Ghengis has news of...

We can still get married, but you'll have to do the dishes =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Admit defeat


Web This Blog

About me

    I'm Ghengis From Mongolia I like climbing, hopping across rocks in running water, and becoming an old man who is worried about the lawn. I hope today is friday.
    My profile

Friendly Tribes


Resources


Recent Writings

Ancient Archives

Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates